Tuesday 1 May 2012

Munnar—Kashmir of South India


Munnar as the title aptly sums it is also known as the Kashmir of South India. It is a small stretch of land that is covered by the Arabian sea on one side and the Western Ghats on the other side. This beautiful hill station is located in God’s own country Kerala. Tourists from all over the world visit this beautiful town because of its beautiful scenery. The beautiful sight of the Arabian sea and the lush greenery of the Western Ghats, make this place mesmerizing. The British made this beautiful town their popular summer holiday destination during the British times.

This lovely town has palm-fringed backwaters and gushing streams. The lovely scenic beaches make your experience complete, along with the lush green mountain range. To add to the beauty of this lovely Greenland there are waterfalls in evergreen rainforests. The cloud covered misty mountains are a beautiful sight from your hotel room. The National Geographic society has chosen Kerala among the fifty must see destinations.
Climate wise Munnar is pleasant throughout the year. The winters are cold with temperatures falling below ten degree Celsius. Summers are pleasant with temperatures ranging from twenty-five degree Celsius to fifteen degree Celsius. Monsoon is lovely with pouring waterfalls all around.

You can visit Munnar all through the year, but the best time is from August to May. There are beautiful tea gardens in Munnar which can be visited during summers. Driving up to Munnar is a beautiful experience as you can see all shades of green, from the lush green of the rainforests and tea gardens to the silver green shade of the oak trees.

 By car it takes about four hours to reach Munnar from Kochi, which is about 136 kilometers away. If you wish to travel by bus then you can travel by the private or state government run buses.

1 comment:

  1. I went to Munnar with my Club Mahindra Membership. Before I reached Munnar my expecations were high, because I had read very good Club Mahindra reviews of their resort at Munnar. My expectations were fulfilled, as I got a spacious and comfortable room. The staff is very well-trained and from the moment I reached Munnar, I was made comfortable by the staff. They gave me complete information of all the activities available at the resort and also the places I could visit in Munnar.

    The Lakeview Munnar has one of the best and most picturesque locations in Munnar. It also depends on the room you get and I luckily got a very good room. I could see lush greenery from my room and every morning I woke up feeling refreshed.
    Their pick-up and drop facility is good and so is their grocery store which sells goods at MRPrates.They have plenty of activities for those who want to use the facility. There is golf, carom, table-tennis etc. I was more interested in looking around the place so I didn’t spend much time in the activity centre. The food is extremely good, though expensive. This is one of the sore point with this resort, the food is expensive. On the whole my stay at this resort was good.

    ReplyDelete